The BD65 Animal Fat Biodiesel Processor
First we start with a stock BD65 animal fat biodiesel processor with all the current listed features.
To process rendered animal fat from this biodiesel kit, we add the following items to the BD65.
- 1-18 gallon pre-filter transfer tank with 1000 watt heater.
- 400 degree F rated 3GPM pump and 10 ft High Temp hose with brass cam locks.
- The bottom of the BD65 Processor Pre-Heat/De-Watering tank is fitted with 2 – 1000 watt heaters and 1- 50 watt drain valve heater.
- To additional heaters are installed on the piping; 1 – 50 watt, and 1 – 100 watt to prevent the rendered animal fat from solidifying in the plumbing of the processor.
- The electrical control panel has been modified to control the auxiliary Pre-Heat/De-Watering tank heaters separately from the main 5500 watt heater to prevent overheating of the oil.
- There is also a separate switch for controlling the plumbing heat; plumbing heat is only required to run for 5 minutes prior to filling the processor.
- The 18 gallon pre-filter/transfer tank requires 120 volt/single phase.
- The processor requires the same voltage as a standard BD65; 240 volt/single phase with 50 amp service.